- Medicolegal consultation, mediation and expert witness
- Industry & commercial consultancy
- Speaker events – education, marketing, charity
- Medical writing
We are experienced in providing specialist expert reports and advice for medico-legal cases. Competency has been achieved and maintained through medico-legal report writing and courtroom skills courses. We routinely prepare reports for both the claimant and the defendant (50:50 claimant:defence); as well as previous joint instructions. We cover all aspects of urology. Specialist areas of interest include:
- Assessment and treatment of enlarged prostates
- Urological oncology (renal, bladder, prostate, testis and penile cancer)
- Male infertility
- Vasectomy reversal
- Kidney stone surgery
- Urinary retention
- Sexual dysfunction: erectile dysfunction, Peyronie’s disease, ejaculatory disorders
- Surgical and traumatic injury to the genitourinary system
- Complications (incl. death) arising from urological surgery
- Chronic pelvic pain
- Criminal cases (defence and prosecution)
LEEDS UROLOGY PARTNERSHIP are happy to receive instructions from solicitors or third party legal agencies seeking an expert medical opinion in matters relating to clinical negligence, fitness to practice, individual or group liability, court matters and compensation requests.
Cases will be reviewed and assigned to the most appropriate clinical expert to ensure fast reporting times (between 6 to 12 weeks) and optimise case-specific experience and expertise. Quicker turnaround times (upon request) and urgent, short-notice work can be accommodated given our depth of resources and experience.
Condition & Prognosis Reports
We will usually review your client in an outpatient consultation and prepare a Condition and Prognosis report within 7-14 days.
Preliminary Case Assessments (PCAs)
PCAs include a detailed chronology, case summary and expert opinion. They are designed to allow solicitors not only to assess the merits of a medical negligence claim but also to obtain after-the-event insurance. They are unsuitable for disclosure to the other party. However, once a positive PCA has been prepared and subsequently a full report requested, the cost of the PCA will be deducted from the final fee.
Causation and Liability Reports
A detailed Liability and Causation report for medical negligence cases is prepared to fully comply with Part 35 CPR and is suitable for disclosure. Each report contains:
- a summary of the case
- a summary of the expert opinion
- a list of documents from which the report was prepared
- a detailed past medical history of the claimant/defendant
- a full and detailed chronology
- a detailed and clear opinion
- the experts relevant experience and professional prologue
- list of references / guidelines etc.
An anonymised report can be provided on request. We will also provide copies of any literature referred to in the report.
Enquiries can be made to email@example.com or by telephone 0113 388 2230. Initial requests will usually be assessed within 5 working days and the case is either accepted or rejected. Our terms and conditions for these services are available on request. Fees and estimates will be determined by case complexity, the need for adjunctive testing and level of clinical input.